What do you mostly see on the internet? The most obvious answer is- photos. More specifically, it is advertisement photos. They tell a story and make you feel like you need the product. For instance, if you see a good advertisement, even if you don’t immediately need the product, you feel like buying t right away. Certainly, it convinces you psychologically that you need to have the product. Check us if you have an advertising photography company and need any kind of Photo Editing Service which is universally recognized by international clients.
So, advertisement photos are a powerful tool in online marketing. To fulfill this purpose, advertising photographic techniques are essential to catch the eyes of the customers.
Don’t confuse advertising photography with commercial photography. Both are related to e-commerce, photos for advertising are a bit different from commercial photos. Here, the purpose is not to show the product but to create a story with it. It aims to trigger you psychologically by evoking feelings toward the product.
That is to say, advertisement photography is more about creating a relationship between the product and the customer. Still, the photography part is essential. Along with that, you need to focus on the composition.
Keep reading to get amazing advertisement photography Ideas, tips, and tricks.
Show the Way It Makes Life Easier
The best way to advertise a product is by showing how it can make people’s life easier. For example, if you are selling floor cleaning liquids, you can show the importance of it in everyday life. Only by showing its importance correctly, you can make people interested in it. However, be thoughtful here.
Otherwise, it may look imposing and unnatural. To achieve that, take photos in a way that shows their everyday utility. Use model if necessary.
Use Creative Composition
The creative composition can make any advertisement photography 100 times more powerful and effective. While taking photos, you can associate your target product with other props. For example, if the target product is a sneaker, you can use a bag, camera, and sunglass to suggest that the sneaker is great for traveling.
Such composition helps the customers to get a clear perspective on how to use the product. Also, it makes them feel a need for the product.
Use Eye-Catching Illustrations
To apply this idea, you need to go for some post-processing work. Eye-catching illustrations can add new meaning to your advertisement. The illustration sets a different perspective that makes the customers attracted to it. It may not directly ask them to buy it but creates a sense of attachment with the product.
A holistic advertisement does more than sell. If your advertisement photography can trigger the customers emotionally, they are more likely to come back. It helps in product selling as well as spreading your name.
You can think of creative ways of composing the advertisement photo to achieve the purpose. Besides, you can create an emotional story by associating the product with a burning issue. That way it will reach more people.
Create Thoughtful Meaning
An advertisement without a meaning cannot survive in the market. It requires thoughtful meaning along with the product. For example, the famous advertisement of FedEx is interesting because it has got a meaning. It says about their services and dedication.
You need to think of the meaning before taking advertisement photos. That way, you can capture such pictures that you can use in post-processing to add meaning to them.
Select One Message to Deliver
Instead of putting lots of messages in the advertisement photo, select one powerful message. It will help the customers to focus better. Brainstorm over the messages and pick the most appropriate one.
Your aim is on selling the product and spreading the brand name. Start with the composition. If you shoot the photos properly, you are one step ahead in the process.
Go for A Visual Metaphor
Instead of delivering the message directly through the product, you can go for a visual metaphor. The metaphor refers to the resemblance between two unlikely things.
For example, in the sample image, Mcdonald’s has created a metaphorical visualization using fish and an aquarium in the shape of a burger. Similarly, you can use such thoughtful visual metaphors in your advertisement photography. You can get such advertisement photos using photo editors or graphic designs.
Go for A Bold Statement
Using bold statements is another way of making your advertisement photo to be striking. It is also more about photo editing, but some tricks are essential in photo shooting. To be more specific, you can use bold colors or quotations in the advertisement that catch the eyes.
Besides, it makes people stop for a while and observe the image. This way, you can draw their attention to your business growth.
You can keep a humorous tone in the advertisement photo. It catches the eyes and makes the advertisement more engaging. Focus on the composition to make it humorous. Also, you need to go through some post-processing steps.
However, before all of that brainstorming, think of what are the related things that go with your target product. Try to use the latest and trending customs, cultural aspects, and practices. That way, the customers will be able to connect with it more effectively.
Simple and Clean Design
Another great idea to make your advertisement photo stand out is by making it simple and clean. Simple does not mean meaningless. A clean and minimal design is always easy to connect. So you can make your advertisement photo meaningful while keeping it simple.
Create Your Own Style
Creating your style is one of the most influential parts of advertising. All big companies have their unique ways of advertising their products. It not only advertises the product but also spreads the brand name.
To achieve it, you can create your unique photography style including composition, props, and other stuff. Also, some post-processing steps can help. Thus advertisement photography will be a lot much effective.
Make an Ad that Inspires
As you already know, advertisement is not merely for showing the product. You can make an advertisement that inspires, spreads awareness, and do other campaigns. You may notice that advertisements often have social impacts.
This type of advertisement stays in people’s minds for a long time. Also, you get potential customers through such campaigns. To create an ad that inspires.
Show Why the Product Necessary
It depends on your product type. How will the product impact the customers? Is it something trendy? Or, will it serve luxury purposes? Will it influence their lifestyle?
Whatever your product is, you need to show its utility in customer’s life. If you can make a great point, you will sell more. And for that, start with the photography.
Show the Product Properly
Instead of focusing on other matters, you can focus on the product itself. Show its design, and color in detail. Some customers just want to know the product better. Also, the advertisement can make them end up landing on your e-commerce site. So showing the product properly is a great idea for advertising.
Consider the Locations
You can create different advertisements for different places to target a wide range of customers. For example, the advertisement which is for showing on billboards can be designed differently than the one online. Still, the style will be the same so that it does not lose coherence with each other.
- DON’T MESS WITH LIGHTS
- Whatever the photography is, light is one of the most essential things. For advertising photography, it is inevitable. If you cannot show the product properly, the whole point of an advertisement is lost. So focus on the lighting as one of the first steps. Wait! Don’t use flash to get the lighting. Try to use as much natural light as possible. You can also use other lighting gears.
- KEEP YOUR LENS CLEAN
- A dirty lens will give you distract the photographer. Dust, fingerprints, and other debris make the lens dirty. As a result, it makes the photos look fuzzy or washed out. These photos are not perfect for advertisements. To get better focus and flawless photos, keep the lens clean and scratch-free.
- STABILITY IS A MUST
- If the camera is unstable, the photos are sure to get blurred and flawed. To avoid that, use a tripod or other stands. The more stable your camera is the more flawless photos will come from it. Besides, these photos are perfect and easy to work with for post-processing steps.
- TAKE MORE & MORE
- You never know which images will be great for advertisements. So take as many photos as you want. Do not depend on a few images because that can be imperfect for advertisement. So take multiple shots while shooting to avoid trouble.
- USE THE PORTRAIT MODE
- You can use portrait mode if you want to emphasize the product. For advertisement purposes, you often need to focus on the product more than other things. For those cases, the portrait mode can be your savior. Also, when the background is dynamic and has other stuff, portrait mode is perfect.
- USE THE SWEEP MODE
- If you want a white background for the advertisement photos, you can use the sweep mode. Sometimes you may require a white background for a better editing experience. For those times, choose the sweep mode because it will make the editing a lot much easier.
- KEEP THE PRODUCTS CLEAN
- Many photographers tend to overlook it. You inevitably need clean, scratch-free, dust-free, and perfect products for advertisements. Otherwise, the photos will look unflattering and unconvincing. You cannot expect any good results from there. So choose the products which are perfect in shape, clean and flawless.
- WHAT’S UP WITH THE CAMERA
- A DSLR is much needed in advertisement photography. But what if you cannot afford it right now? The answer is simple- use your Smartphone camera. At present most Smartphones come with good quality cameras that can be a dupe for a fancy DSLR. It will improve your skill and introduce you to advertising photography.
- CHECK THE SETTINGS
- Before starting the photography, you should always check your camera settings. See if the white balance, contrast, and brightness are okay. If the camera setting is messed up, all your effort will go in vain. So it is wise to check everything before taking photos for advertisements.
- GO FOR POST-PROCESSING
- Advertisement photos are not done after photo shooting. To create an influential advertisement, you need to go through some photo editing. It includes adding special filters, adding illustrations, or other Photoshop features. So don’t take it for granted. Post-processing helps you bring the idea to life. As a result, you get an image that inspires and affects others.
Keep Your Tools Ready
Keeping the tools handy saves time and lessens effort to a great extent. Also, it makes you more organized as a photographer. So let’s see -what are the essential tools that you need for advertisement photography.
- There’s no wonder you need to keep your camera ready for photo shooting. Along with it keep the chargers or other power tools handy.
- Keep the lenses around you so that you don’t miss anything. Some lenses are essential such as a wide-angle lens, a fisheye lens, a prime lens, and a macro lens. Invest in them gradually instead of buying all of them together.
- To keep the camera stable, a tripod is unavoidable. It helps you to keep the focus and consistency clear.
- SHOOTING TABLE
- Keep a shooting table in your studio where you can put the product. Like the tripod, it also helps in stable photography.
- LIGHT TENT
- A light tent or lightbox is necessary when you don’t get proper natural light. You can use it as a backdrop as well.
- OTHER LIGHTING EQUIPMENT
- You can keep some other artificial light sources handy to ease your photo shooting process. Natural lights are often inconsistent and rare. So artificial lights are like a photographer’s best friend.
- PHOTO EDITING SOFTWARE
- It is also essential to choose a good photo editing software. For better results, develop your skill with the software so that you know exactly how it works and how it can be used to make the photos better.
At the End
So these were the essential ideas, tips, and tools for advertisement photography. We want to repeat our previous words that advertisement photography is not only about demonstrating the product. It involves ideas, thoughts, and emotions. As advertisement creates a psychological bonding with the potential customers, the photos are the most powerful tool here.